Essential oils are an important component of your medicine cabinet, both at home and while you are traveling. They are effective and without side effects. Ancient Ways Botanicals First Aid Kit is compact and easy to carry and use. We have carefully selected each essential oil for its gentleness and effectiveness in healing. The First Aid Kit includes natural cleansers, antiseptics, antibacterials, antifungals, stomach aids, and carminatives.
Organic Lavender – A natural antibiotic and antiseptic.
-For minor burns and scalding:
1) Apply directly without dilution.
2) Cover the burn with gauze.
3) Repeat application every few hours.
-For insomnia: Apply a few drops of oil to a tissue/handkerchief and place next to you by your pillow.
1) Massage a few drops into your temples.
2) Take a few deep breathes of the lavender oil.
3) Add to your massage oil or use a few drops in bath water.
-For insect bites and stings:
1) Apply 1 drop of lavender and 1 drop of tea tree oil to the sting/bite. (Remove stinger beforehand!).
2) Repeat hourly until irritation is relieved.
Ingredients: organic lavender oil AOC (Lavandula angustifolia). 5 ml bottle.
Organic Tea Tree – active against bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
1) Use on abscess, infected wounds, athlete’s foot, blisters, insect bites/stings.
2) Apply 2 – 4 drops of oil to affected area and repeat every few hours.
-Mouthwash and gargle for sore throats: Add 1 drop to 8 oz. glass of warm water. Stir before use.
Ingredients: organic tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia). 5 ml bottle.
Ginger Root – digestive aid, antiemetic.
1) Add 1 drop of ginger root oil to 8 oz. of water. Take very small sips over period of time.
2) Add a few drops of oil to a dab of calendula salve. Massage over the upper abdominal area.
Ingredients: fresh ginger oil (Zingiber officinalis). 5 ml bottle
Organic Peppermint – a nerve tonic and digestive aid.
-Nervous tension and motion sickness: Add one drop of peppermint oil to 8 oz. of water, swish it around and take small sips over a period of time.
-Nausea, headache, fatigue, migraine: Place 1-3 drops on a tissue/handkerchief, inhale deeply. (Not recommended for children under 6.)
-Hives, poison ivy, or poison oak: Apply several drops to a cotton ball and wipe on affected area.
Ingredients: organic peppermint oil (Mentha piperita). 5ml bottle.
Organic Roman Chamomile – relaxant. Relieves stress and anxiety. Antiseptic.
-Nervous tension, insomnia and stress related complaints:
1) Add a few drops of oil to a tissue/handkerchief and take several deep breaths.
2) Place it next to your pillow for a restful sleep.
-Acne, boils, skin rashes, insect bits: Apply 1-2 drops to the affected area. Repeat until condition clears-up. May be used in bath or massage oil/lotion.
-Children’s travel aid: Helps calm irritable children during car trips. Use in car diffuser or a few drops on a cotton ball or tissue.
Ingredients: organic Roman chamomile oil (Anthemis nobilis). 5 ml bottle.
Wound Care Blend – organic helichrysum in St. John’s wort infused organic olive oil.
-Minor Wounds: An excellent healer for bruises, scrapes and scars. Apply freely and often to the affected area.
Ingredients: organic olive oil (Olea europaea) infused with St. John’s Wort flowers (Hypericum perforatum) and organic helichrysum oil (Helichrysum italicum).
5 ml bottle.
Calendula Salve – all-purpose wound healer.
-Chapped skin, minor burns, and rashes: Apply to affected area.
-Can be used to dilute essential oils when using on the body.
Ingredients: organic olive oil (Olea europaea) infused with calendula (Calendula flowers officinalis), organic shea butter (Butyrospermum parkii), beeswax and vitamin E oil. 1.7 oz jar.
|Dimensions||5 × 6 × 2.5 in|